Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

After hearing lots of shrieking coming from the bedroom upstairs, I ran upstairs to see what was going on! After I assessed the situation and saw that there was no eminent danger, I calmly opened the window to let out a dirt dauber that had mistakenly found himself trapped inside a room with three, huge giants with soft, little voices...freakin' out, shrieking and swinging at him!

Macy, holding a wooden spoon in the air: "He's ready to get spanked!"
Me, empty-handed: "Isn't that one of God's creatures?"
Macy: "Yes, but I am too!"
Annie, holding a baseball bat: "Yes, but you don't get squashed!"
Macy: "Well, but I don't like bugs in my house!"

Thankfully, I helped him to escape unharmed....but as typical homeschoolers, it did leave us wondering, "Why did God create dirt daubers anyway?"

No comments: