Saturday, April 18, 2009

"...kills ants too!"

We are very thankful to have been blessed with great friends, one of which is none other than Levi (aka, "Ivy" as our girls call him)! We love him and his wife and daughter for so many reasons, but this week in particular I've been singing his praises, for this spring along with the April showers, we've had a couple of unwanted visitors...ants! Urghh! And years ago Ivy gave me a great tip on how to rid them!

I'm not overly organic (not that you are either, Levi, but...), but I am sensible and cautious to care for my family, and I'd rather choose to not use extra chemicals and pollutants in our house to rid ourselves of bugs, so I turned to Ivy's wisdom regarding ants...

Once at a party in our yard, he showed me an ant pile and said that if we'd sprinkle a little Sweet'n'Low on the pile that we'd see that "it not only kills humans, but it kills ants too!"

We have cracked up about that whenever we think of Sweet'n'Low, and this week I decided I'd try it! While I was out one day, I snagged a couple of packets from the restaurant where we were eating, came home and drew some lines 'to not be crossed'! I still can't believe it myself...it works! I've heard that there are rumors that Aspartame was originally designed as an ant poison, and I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know that if you have any unwanted spring-time visitors, try it; it works!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Gotta try this one! Haven't stopped by your blog in a while. Just wanted to say hey!

Sarah C said...

I have ants everywhere as of two days ago....I'll give it a try!

Life with the DixieChirps said...

I know that most everyone up here has had ants...I've heard it's because of the rain that we've had...so you're not alone! And a little update on our ant situation...they're not being attracted any more to any kind of sugar; I guess they're just looking for a new place to live! Ughhh! I'm just ready for them to look elsewhere!