Friday, December 11, 2009

A laborious, gigantic career...

A sweet friend sent this to me...it was a word of encouragement to me...it may be to you as well!
Thanks, Carolyn! This came at a perfect time for me to read!

"How can it be a large career to tell other people's children about arithmetic and a small career to tell one's own children about the universe?

How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone and narrow to be everything to someone?

No, a woman's function is laborious because it is gigantic, not because it is minute."

G. K. Chesterton

4 comments:

Nekey said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Life with the DixieChirps said...

Oh, Nekey, I too love this quote!
My girlfriend sent this to me (unknowingly) at the perfect time! I plan to share it in my next homeschool newsletter, for I do think it's so encouraging to moms who do sacrifice so much to better their families....and can be so burnt out at this time of year! I hope y'all are having a wonderful Christmas season!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

william2233 said...

Nice site, from a children author