Monday, April 02, 2007

A start to a fun weekend!



Last Wednesday night, Mimi and Pawpaw arrived to spend Annie's birthday with her and us too! On Thursday, we met daddy for lunch downtown, and then Macy, Tressie, Mimi and I did a little birthday shopping while Pawpaw kept Annie at bay. Then we went to the TN Valley Railroad Museum and had a fun time walking around all of the trains and the historic depot...even though it was closed for the day! It was such a gorgeous day!

Then we ran to Sam's to get some things for the birthday party...thanks again, Pawpaw for picking up the tab!!! Then we all went home and found that daddy was already home from work...grilling out for us! The girls (i.e. Daddy!) and Pawpaw set up tents in the yard, and Mimi and I set a beautiful Tuscan tablesetting on the front porch...dinner was so much fun! I wish that I had a photo! That evening after a great deal of giggling, the girls slept peacefully while Pawpaw read fairytales to them and stayed out there in the tent with them....sweet fella...I know that he didn't sleep too well! I know that I didn't either...for it was pretty chilly, and I kept getting up every so often to check on them all!

Friday, Mimi and I spent a great deal of the day preparing foods for Annie's birthday party! And dad had a chance to get some much needed rest, then he and Macy went to Rock City for breakfst (a tradition they began years ago!), and then dad went to spend some time out on their property. That evening, Eric and I had a wonderful invitation to go to Bethany Christian Services annual fundraiser dinner....thanks again, Charley and Laura! We had a lot of fun! Although I didn't get the baby doorprize that I was eagerly anticipating, we had a great time...it was so wonderful to hear of the successful adoptions and lives saved via adoption versus abortion. And it was also really great to see old friends that we haven't seen in some time! And that evening, Eric stayed up with me and helped me put the finishing touches on Annie's birthday cake to prepare for her 6th birthday party the next morning!

No comments: