Saturday, February 09, 2008

A Super Fat Tuesday!

Do you ever have those days that just seem to fly by ~ too many things to do and too little time?

This last Tuesday was one of those days...super Tuesday and Mardi Gras day! There were the regular daily to-do's, and then there were the extra daily to-do's for that day. And time limitations...aghh! (I guess if it hadn't been for the polls closing at a certain time, I wouldn't have gotten much of my extra--curricular chores accomplished, so I'm actually thankful for my deadline.)

So we whisked through our day accomplishing our chores, flew up to the polls to find that there wasn't any line (woohoo...usually, there's a long line, but this year we hit the polls at the correct time!), and flew back home to put the finishing touches on our king cake and finish our red beans 'n rice! Yum! I wish more than anything that I had taken a photo of our king cake, but as soon as some of my girlfriends began arriving for a "dessert and discussion" on a book that we had all read, we cut the cake and didn't look back! It was pretty (if I ever-so-humbly do say so myself), and it was fun for the girls and I to make (and the girls loved guessing who would get the baby in their slice of cake)! And the discussion on our book was great too...we all have/been reading Passionate Housewives: Desperate for God, which is a great book and one that I recommend highly!

All in all, it was a busy day but also a productive and enjoyable day...can't ask for much more than that!

No comments: