Saturday, May 02, 2009

"It's better to burn out than to rust out!"

Another great Steve Hartman interview which will sweep you away...I'm sure you'll enjoy!

This video reminds me soooo very much of my great grandmother, Mother Simpson. She died at the age of 101; she still lived alone and was still cooking...although not as frequently as she'd have liked. Those who knew her know that she fed half of the south in her lifetime....either in her restaurant or her home. I clearly remember a specific holiday when she sent my dad and I all over town to deliver meals to those that needed somethin' extra.

This spring marks the second anniversary of her death. Most of the town attended her funeral, for they all knew that something great was missing from here on earth. Yes, the day her spirit left the earth was a sad one, but we rejoice knowing that she is in heaven with her Lord. She served Him by serving others all she was able while she was here on earth! She's still quoted as saying, "It's better to burn out than to rust out!" What a lovely character she was!

We miss you, Mother Simpson!

No comments: