Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Fun spending time w/ friends, new and old alike!

This past Saturday was a dear day for our good friend, RC, so she and I enjoyed getting out to spend "just you and me time" with one another! We did quite a bit of shopping, had a yummy lunch at Panera (I had their Baked Potato Soup and Strawberry Poppyseed Salad....it's made with fresh strawberries and blueberries, pineapple, Mandarin oranges, pecans and fat-free poppyseed dressing! I can't wait to re-create it here at home!), and then we went to see the movie, BabyMama, which I had been wanting to see for quite some time! It's hysterical! Yes, the humor at times would be slightly off-color for mixed company, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the many previews hadn't shown all of the hysterical parts in the film, as I was afraid would have happened!

Then after the movie, we did a little more shopping, and then we went home to rest before regrouping together with the guys for a rematch of MadGab. Of course, Eric and I gave it our best, but we still 'let them win' in light of being gracious hosts! But before we 'let them win' we had homemade pizzas, and while we were cleaning up after dinner, I just had to run and grab the camera when I saw Rob sitting with the girls as they had convinced him to read them 'just one more' story! It was so sweet!

Aside from his allowing them to hang out the side windows of his Beemer (hairbows flappin' in the wind and all!), the girls love him dearly!

Then on Sunday we had some new friends over for dinner! But first, a little back-story....last Sunday at church, we sat behind the cutest family! Their 2nd to youngest son, Calvin, kept peeking around to give me a face that would melt my heart...and those huge, brown eyes! As if they weren't enough to melt a girl's heart...his older brother and sister have them too! Then baby Silas...he's too cute for his own good...but with huge, blue eyes! So as soon as church was finished, we introduced ourselves to them...only to learn that we had met them before! So this week we gladly had them come over to eat after church! And all I have to say is that those kids are just as beautiful and well-mannered on the inside as they are on the outside! It's been a treat to get to know them once more! Their kiddos each have us wrapped around their little fingers already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busy, beautiful family!