Thursday, June 05, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Well, it's once again Father's Day, a day that we set aside to honor our earthly fathers who have gone before us, reared us, and taught us well. Just the same as last year, I have the most amazing father, and I'm so thankful that he loves his two sons-in-laws as if they're his own as well; I'll adore him forever!

So once again this year Vision Forum emailed an encouragement to their subscribers for us to love our Heavenly Father by honoring our earthly fathers, and below I'm giving you the link for the poem that they sent once again this year...I just love it so!

The Patriarch by Douglas W. Phillips

Then a friend sent me this poem, which is likewise just as good.

The Bridge Builder by Will A. Dromgoole

I'd love to read this to my daddy on Father's Day, but I can already see the look on his face when I would keep reading aloud, "old man; his gray old head; etc.," [;)]! I do think this is a wonderful poem; it's so exemplary of the covenantal family....God's rich blessings upon generations of obedient, faithful followers of Him.

Until today, I don't believe this poet's name (Will A. Dromgoole [1860-1934]) was familiar to me, but after doing a little research on her, I think I would have loved to have met this Will Allen Dromgoole, a female from Murfreesboro, TN.

Here are a few links for info. on her:

http://tennesseeencyclopedia.net/imagegallery.php?EntryID=D053 (this is a really great site for those living in this area!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Allen_Dromgoole
http://www.geocities.com/ourmelungeons/wad.html

No comments: