Thursday, October 30, 2008

Electing a US President in Plain English

I have to admit that I've never fully understood the entire US election process...all I keep remembering is a confusing conversation in high school in my government class, when someone said, "So although we have elected them to be our representative to the electoral college...they can vote any which way they choose?!?"

And I remember the answer being "Yes!" Aghhh!

Why couldn't I have paid attention more closely?!? (No comments please, Mom and Dad!)

So I was thankful when a friend (thanks, Karen!) sent this three or four minute YouTube video to me and the kids...it breaks the electoral process down into simple English!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok_VQ8I7g6I

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting that. I'm going to watch it now. I too should have paid more attention in government class in high school and college.