Friday, October 10, 2008

A sweet act of love...

I have to post this, for I just think it's one of the sweetest gifts of the week/month/year....and I've been in puddles over here...and I think you might be too!!!

Knowing that some of our dearest friends had opened up their home this week to a little girl in need (the girl's single mom works outside of the home and needed childcare for her daughter during her school's fall break...my heart is already saddening), yesterday Ricci came home and told me a sweet story about something that had happened.

After a couple of days of my friend's watching this little girl, the little girl is really enjoying the new atmosphere in which her mom is leaving her every day. So one day, it was apparent that the girl needed extra love (she was wearing the same clothes from the day before,...), so my friend initiates the gentlest, overwhelming gift of love...she offers the little girl a bubble bath!

What a kind gesture of love! When Ricci told me this...I burst into tears! Isn't that precious?!? There are opportunites all around us to show God's love to others, and this one just hit me like a ton of bricks! I just found this kind gesture overwhelming, for it was so gentle and yet so impacting! What a sweet way to show God's love to this little girl in an effective way. She (her clothes, spirit, etc.) was washed and made new!

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. James 3:12-14

Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me. Matthew 18:5

Friend, you are truly a friend to have, and I'm so thankful to call you mine....you know who you are! I love ya!

No comments: