Monday, October 13, 2008

"If you are experiencing a mental health emergency..."

I just find it amazing the way God made men and women so differently! You know...the way men have to rationalize and 'fix' things while women are more emotional and often turn things into something irrational and make it a bigger deal than it actually is! "Bless our hearts!"

Yes, us women are pretty emotional at times, but how I love being a woman, a weaker vessel. I can't imagine carrying the weight of the responsibility for an entire family! I guess that's a reminder for us wives to pray more fervently for our dear husbands.

Within the last two days, I've had two good girlfriends call and say that they were basically getting ready to freak out....well, let me join the club! Please!!! Perhaps it's just the business of this time of year...or perhaps it's the change of the season...I don't know, but I feel it too!

As a wife and mother, there are many stresses that can pull us down (duties in the home, caring for our loved ones, friends, extended family, commitments in the church and community, etc.), but somehow we manage!

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."
I Corinthians 10:13

I'm so very thankful for this promise! He does always provide us a way out; doesn't He? I also find it amazing the way we can feel our blood pressure drop... by smelling or just holding a sweet baby (shout out to Baby Kate!), seeing a cute puppy, or just laughing with good friends.

At the end of one of my phone calls, my sweet friend and I were laughing so hard about her calling her insurance company about something totally unrelated to what she heard on the other end of the phone..."If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please hang up and dial 911." Now that's funny!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

LOL I think my life is a mental health emergency!